Snow is a supertype that is found on Basic lands in Ice Age, and many cards in Coldsnap. Unlike other supertypes, Snow has no rules baggage; does not have an associated state-based effect, nor does it introduce a deck-building rule. Instead, some cards will give or gain benefits from the amount of Snow permanents you control.  
Snow is a replacement for the supertype "Snow-Covered", which is itself a replacement for the static ability with the same name. Cards that were formerly snow-covered received Oracle updates upon the release of the Coldsnap expansion set. 
- Rimefeather Owl has the ability to make permanents snow — that is, to give those permanents the supertype “snow” - with ice counters.
- In the Gatecrash update of Gatherer the snow symbol received a slight redesign.
- Mark Rosewater. (June 26, 2006.) "There’s No Business Like Snow Business", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Aaron Forsythe. (July 21, 2006.) "Snow Big Deal", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Matt Cavotta. (July 19, 2006.) "I Freeze, Therefore I Am", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana. (July 12, 2006.) "Snow from an Iceberg", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- David Leavitt (February 26, 2013 ). Gatherer update introduces new snow mana symbol, points to reprints or new set, www.examiner.com
|Artifact||Equipment, Fortification, Contraption|
|Enchantment||Aura, Curse, Shrine|