Myr are the metal automatons created by Memnarch that are found all over Mirrodin. They were created as mindless servitors and act out a single role without question.   However, there is said to be intelligence and emotion behind their sullen, mechanical eyes. Memnarch can see through the eyes of the myr using the Darksteel Eye.
Since the fall of Memnarch, the myr continue fulfilling their many duties regardless of having no master. At the start of the Phyrexian invasion, many were adapted to the Phyrexian side and equipped with sinew grafts, ichor, and necrogen.
Etymology and Design[edit | edit source]
The word "myr" is derived from the Greek word for "ant". The etymology is a direct reference to their small size, worker-role mentality, and ubiquitous presence. They were initally concepted as gnomes, but later moved to their current incarnation. Their primary design specs were to be small colorless artifact creatures with very limited, but unique abilities.
Creature type[edit | edit source]
- Myr first appeared as a creature type in the Mirrodin block and were revived for the Scars of Mirrodin block. 
- The only Myr outside of these blocks was Sarcomite Myr from Future Sight.
- 35 Myr creature cards have been printed, 19 of them in the Mirrodin block and 20 in the Scars block
- 5 Myr creatures appeared in both blocks: the cycle of Myrs that can be tapped for a specific color of mana (Gold Myr, Silver Myr,Leaden Myr,Iron Myr,Copper Myr).  These are 5 of the 8 Myr that can be tapped to generate mana.
- As of Scars of Mirrodin Myr have a "Lord", which gives each other Myr +1/+1 (Myr Galvanizer). This addition officially makes them a playable tribe of creatures.
Myr tokens[edit | edit source]
- Genesis Chamber
- Master's Call
- Myr Battlesphere
- Myr Incubator
- Myr Matrix
- Myr Propagator (copy of itself)
- Myr Sire
- Myr Turbine
- Origin Spellbomb
- Parasitic Implant
- Shrine of Loyal Legions
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater. (Monday, June 07, 2004.) "Myr Myr, Off The Wall", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Doug Beyer. (December 24, 2008.) "How to Design a Hellion and More!", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Doug Beyer. (August 10, 2011.) "Magic's Exclusive Creatures", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Doug Beyer. (Wednesday, September 15, 2010.) "Myr Thee Well", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Gottlieb. (Thursday, June 10, 2004.) "Myrrer, Myrrer", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Tom LaPille. (September 10, 2010.) "Myr Mortals", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Monty Ashley. (September 20, 2010.) "Know Your Myr", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.