|Last Used:||Magic 2015|
|Reminder Text:||This creature can't be blocked except by artifact creatures and/or creatures that share a color with it.|
|Statistics:|| 19 cards|
63% 11% 5% 5%
Artifact 11%, Multicolor 5%
|Gatherer search for "Intimidate"|
Intimidate is a keyword ability which had been introduced with the Magic Comprehensive Rules revision for Magic 2010 even though no cards with that keyword had been in that set. It functions similar to Fear and has replaced fear as an evergreen mechanic among new and reprinted cards. It first appeared in Zendikar.
- Intimidate looks at the current colors of a creature that has it (hence why it was not applied retroactively to cards like Skirk Shaman). Normally, Bladetusk Boar can't be blocked except by artifact creatures and/or red creatures. If it's turned blue, then it can't be blocked except by artifact creatures and/or blue creatures.
- If an attacking creature has intimidate, what colors it is matters only as the defending player declares blockers. Once it's blocked, changing its colors won't change that.
- Artifact creatures can block creatures with intimidate no matter what colors either of them are.
- A multicolored creature with intimidate can be blocked by any creature that shares a color with it, in addition to artifact creatures. For example, a white-blue creature with intimidate can be blocked by white creatures and/or blue creatures, no matter what other colors they are.
- A colorless creature with intimidate can be blocked only by artifact creatures. It can't be blocked by colorless nonartifact creatures. In fact, a colorless nonartifact creature can't block a creature with intimidate at all.
 Enchantments that grant just Intimidate