Flash is a keyword ability which allows cards to be played at any time you could play an Instant. Flash first appeared in the Time Spiral expansion , its first appearance in a core set is in Magic 2013. Although this ability existed before Time Spiral, this is the first time it was used a keyword. The earliest card with Flash is King Cheetah from Visions. Older cards with this ability have received errata to give them Flash.
 Reminder text
The latest reminder text for flash reads "You may cast this spell any time you could cast an instant."
 Cards that grant Flash
- Hypersonic Dragon (sorceries)
- Quick Sliver (any player - Sliver cards)
- Rootwater Shaman (Aura with enchant creature)
- Shimmer Myr (artifacts)
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir (creatures you own that aren't on the battlefield)
- Yeva, Nature's Herald (green creatures)
- Aluren (any player - creatures with converted mana cost 3 or less)
- Leyline of Anticipation (nonland cards)
- Vernal Equinox (any player - creatures and enchantments)
- Vedalken Orrery (nonland cards)
 Plane card that grants Flash
- Akoum (any players - enchantments)