Dual Lands[edit | edit source]
The original dual lands are:
Legacy[edit | edit source]
Since then, "dual land" has come to refer to any land that can produce two colors of mana. Dual lands are often highly sought-after and fetch high prices on the secondary market. Popular dual land cycles have been printed in numerous sets, including Ice Age (pain lands), Onslaught/Zendikar/Khans of Tarkir (fetch lands), Tempest (pain lands), Apocalypse (pain lands), Odyssey (filter lands), Ravnica block (shock lands and Karoo lands), Future Sight (special cycle of different mechanics), Shadowmoor block (filter lands), Magic 2010/Innistrad (tapland) and Scars of Mirrodin (scar lands). Several manlands are also dual lands. There are also a few notable "triple lands" cycles that produce three colors of mana; a cycle of shard-colored triple lands was printed in Shards of Alara, and a cycle of wedge-colored triple lands was printed in Khans of Tarkir.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Volcanic Island was not printed in Alpha through internal error. This oversight was corrected in Beta.
- Plateau has an alternate art in the Revised version due to lost and corrupted art.
- All original dual lands received new art for Magic Online.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater. (May 20, 2013.) "Gates Foundation", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Devin Low. (June 13, 2008.) "Why Are Dual Lands Usually Allied-Colored", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Aaron Forsythe. (April 20, 2007.) "When a Cycle Isn't a Cycle", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Tom LaPille. (September 17, 2010.) "The Promised Land", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast. (February 20, 2002.) "Plateau(s)", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Monty Ashley. (May 09, 2012.) "Dual Lands in the Magic Online Cube", Daily MTG, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
|Basic lands||Plains • Island • Swamp • Mountain • Forest|
|Concepts||Barry's Land • Cave/City|
|No (colors of) mana||Fetch lands • Guildhomes • Loci • Urzatron|
|One color of mana||Artifact lands • Depletion lands • Sac lands • Storage lands|
|Two colors of mana|| Check lands • Depletion duals • Dual lands • Filter lands |
Gates • Karoo lands • Pain lands • Sac lands • Scry lands • Shock lands
Slow lands • Storage duals • Tainted lands • Taplands
|Three colors of mana||Triple lands|
|Miscellaneous||Manland • Utility land|