From MTG Salvation Wiki
| Double strike|
|Reminder Text:||Double strike (This creature deals both first-strike and regular combat damage.)|
|Statistics:|| 86 cards|
33% 30% 9% 6%
3% 2% 2% 1%
Artifact 5% Multicolor 3%Plane 1%
|Gatherer search for "Double strike"|
Description[edit | edit source]
Rules[edit | edit source]
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- Double strike isn't first strike. Effects that make a creature lose first strike won't make it lose double strike.
- Creatures with double strike and creatures with first strike deal combat damage in the first combat damage step.
- All creatures that didn't assign combat damage in the first combat damage step assign combat damage in the second combat damage step. In addition, all creatures with double strike assign combat damage again in the second step.
- If a creature has both double strike and trample, the combat damage it assigned during the first combat damage step will be considered when determining how much damage can trample through in the second combat damage step.
Examples[edit | edit source]
Cards that grant double strike[edit | edit source]
Sorceries (until end of turn)
- Armed (Armed/Dangerous) (target creature, also +1/+1)
- Assault Strobe (target creature)
- Cleaver Riot (your creatures)
- Sangrite Surge (target creature, also +3/+3)
Instants (until end of turn)
- Boros Charm (3rd mode)
- Double Cleave (your creatures)
- Psychotic Fury (multicoloured creature only)
- Savage Beating (only during combat on your turn, your creatures (1st mode), also untap and have another combat if you pay its entwine cost of )
- Avatar of Slaughter (all creatures, also attack each turn)
- Bonescythe Sliver (your Sliver creatures)
- Cairn Wanderer (if a creature card with double strike is in a graveyard)
- Fury Sliver (all Sliver creatures)
- Iizuka the Ruthless (, sacrifice a Samurai: your Samurai creatures)
- Kinsbaile Cavalier (your Knight creatures)
- Rafiq of the Many (your creatures, when they attack alone)
- Raksha Golden Cub (your creatures if Raksha is equipped, also +2/+2)
- Silverblade Paladin (via Soulbond)
- Springjack Knight (if you win a clash when it attacks)
- Wrecking Ogre (via Bloodrush)
- Atarka, World Render (whenever a dragon you control attacks, it gains double strike until end of turn)
Auras (enchanted creature)
- Battle Mastery
- Armament of Nyx (enchantment creature only)
- Ghostblade Eidolon (via bestow )
- Runes of the Deus (red creature only, also +1/+1)
Enchantments (your creatures)
- Concerted Effort (if one of your creatures has it, also several other abilities)
- Rage Reflection
- True Conviction (also lifelink)
Equipment (equipped creature)
Land ( until end of turn)
Plane cards that grants double strike[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Anthony Alongi. (September 16, 2003.) "Seeing Double", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Randy Buehler. (January 17, 2003.) "Double Damage, Double Fun", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana. (October 22, 2003.) "Fun with double strike", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (June 8, 2015.) "Evergreen Eggs & Ham", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.