From MTG Salvation Wiki
Rules[edit | edit source]
Card rulings[edit | edit source]
- It's important that the cards in your deck be indistinguishable from one another. To accomplish this with double-faced cards, you can use either sleeves, or the checklist cards that is included in some booster packs of sets featured double faced cards. These checklist cards have a list of all double-faced cards (common-uncommon/rare-mythic in Shadows over Innistrad) in the respective set on one side and the typical Magic card back on the other side.
- You must have a actual copy of double-faced card that the checklist card is representing with you for each checklist card used. For example, if you use four checklist cards to represent Jace, Vryn's Prodigy , you must have four actual copies of Jace, Vryn's Prodigy too.
- The double-faced card should be kept apart from the rest of your deck. In tournaments, the double-faced card should also be kept separate from your sideboard.
- A checklist card can't be included in a deck except when it's being used to represent a double-faced card. If you opt to use checklist card to represent a certain double-faced card, all copies of that double-faced card in the deck must use checklist card instead of actual copy too. (You may use checklist card to represent a double-faced card, but not using them for another double-faced card that has a different name)
- You must mark exactly one fill-in circle on the checklist card to indicate which double-faced card it represents.
- You can still use card sleeves, even if you also choose to use checklist cards.
- During the game, a checklist card is considered to be the double-faced card it represents. For example, say you have a checklist card in your hand representing Tormented Pariah and an opponent casts Despise. The checklist card is a creature card, so your opponent may choose the checklist card and you would discard it.
- As soon as a checklist card enters a public zone (stack, battlefield, graveyard, or exile unless it's exiled face down/manifested), use the double-faced card and set the checklist card aside. If the double-faced card is put into a hidden zone (hand or library), use the checklist card again.
- If a double-faced card is exiled face down or being manifested, keep its identity hidden by using the face-down checklist card.